I'm back to sharing the Make & Take cards here on the blog! During my blogging hiatus last year I failed to post the Make & Take projects even though I still held my regular monthly classes. So now I'm going to be sharing these again. Yay! Here is the first featuring one of the lovely new Sale-A-Bration stamp sets.
- Smoky Slate Cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
- Mint Macaroon Cardstock 2-3/4" x 4"
- Whisper White Cardstock 2-5/8" x 3-7/8"
- Whisper White Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4"
- Mint Macaroon Lace Ribbon 4"
- Stamps: Hardwood, Flowering Fields
- Ink: Basic Gray, Jet Black Stazon
- Markers: Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Mint Macaroon, Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride
- Accessories: Banner Punch, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tear and Tape Adhesive, Handheld Stapler
For this card start off by folding the Smoky Slate cardstock on the score line. Then stamp the Hardwood background image onto the card front in Basic Gray ink. Next up take the small piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamp three of the flowers from Flowering Fields onto the right side of the cardstock in Jet Black Stazon ink.
Take the markers and color in the flowers as desired. One of my favorite techniques to add areas of light and dark when using markers is to go over areas that you want darker with two coats of the marker. For example: I colored in all the leaves on the middle flower once then I went back and colored over only the top halves of the leaves a second time to get a darker hue of color.
Once everything is colored in use glue stick to adhere the flower piece onto the Mint Macaroon cardstock. Add a small strip of Tear & Tape adhesive onto the backside of the cardstock where the ribbon will fold over the panel. Remove the adhesive liner, wrap the ribbon around the panel, and press the ribbon into the adhesive.
Use the banner punch on a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. Use the Handheld Stapler to attach the banner on top of the ribbon. Stick this panel onto the card front with a few Stampin' Dimensionals.
Now take the large piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamp a single flower in Jet Black Stazon ink. Color it in with your markers just like you did before then glue this piece inside the card with glue stick.
That's it! Your lovely card is finished!