This soft and pretty card uses a really fun watercoloring technique to make the patterned paper. It's loads of fun so you should totally try it out for yourself!
Here's what you'll need:
- Smoky Slate card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"
- Pool Party card stock 4" x 5-1/4"
- Smoky Slate card stock 3-1/2" x 3-7/8"
- Whisper White card stock 1-5/8" x 3-7/8"
- Pool Party card stock 2" x 3"
- Silver Glimmer Paper 1/4" x 4"
- Stamps: Stippled Blossoms, Sassy Salutations
- Ink: Basic Gray, Pool Party, Versamark
- Reinkers: Strawberry Slush, Pool Party, Gumball Green, Coastal Cabana, Wisteria Wonder
- Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals, Fancy Fan embossing folder
This fun technique works best with a two-step stamping set. This is also a bit messy, or maybe I'm just a messy crafter, but you might want to wear an apron to keep the ink off your clothes.
1. To make this card I started off by making my own DSP with some Whisper White card stock, stamps, and ink. So first take a plastic container of some sort. I cut one of the large old wood mount cases in half and used it for this project. Randomly drop a few drops of reinkers. For the flowers I used Strawberry Slush, Pool Party, and Wisteria Wonder.
2. Now take a spray bottle or Stampin' Mister with water and spray onto the ink drops until its nice and watery.
3. Take the larger flower images from Stippled Blossoms. Press the stamp into what looks like a watery mess, then stamp it onto the card stock. Repeat to add all your flowers. In a separate plastic container add drops of Gumball Green and Coastal Cabana reinker, spray with water like you did before, and use this mixture to stamp the leaves. It will look like a total mess right now, but just let it dry completely.
4. Now you have this beautiful piece of paper. The colors blend so beautifully as the ink dries. If you've been stamping for a while you'll notice less pink and blue. Just add more drops of re inker and mist again with water to make more of your "watercolors".
5. Rub the entire card stock with your Embossing Buddy. Now take the smaller images from the Stippled Blossoms set and stamp with Versamark ink. Cover the stamped images with White embossing powder, tap off the excess, and heat it with a heat tool. The white embossing powder adds detail to your colorful blotches.
6. Now you can take your beautiful DSP and cut it down for your card. Glue your handmade DSP onto the bottom of the large piece of Pool Party card stock. Run the small piece of Smoky Slate card stock through the Big Shot in the Fancy Fan embossing folder. Use Glue stick to glue that at the top of the Pool Party card stock. Glue the piece of Silver Glimmer Paper over the seam of the previous two layers. Then glue this panel onto the Smoky Slate card front.
Finally stamp the smaller image of the rose onto the small piece of Pool Party card stock in Pool Party ink. Then stamp the greeting from Sassy Salutations on top of the rose image in Basic Gray ink. Cut this out with the Apothecary Accents framelit and stick it onto the card with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals.