Thursday, January 2, 2014


Sycamore Street Madness!

I have another fun sketch challenge card for you today! When I made this almost a year ago I wanted to show off the wonderful Sycamore Street DSP that is, unfortunately, now retired. This one uses the SCCSC161 sketch on Stampin’ Connection.

  • Stamps: Pretty Petites
  • DSP: Sycamore Street
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White
  • Ink: Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, Island Indigo
  • Accessories: Baker’s Twine, Petite Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Sponge, SNAIL Adhesive
I started off with a piece of Sahara Sand card stock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I one piece of the pinwheel pattern DSP 1-1/4” x 2-1/2”

and sponged it with Summer Starfruit ink. I adhered this in the upper left hand corner of the card front. I cut a piece of the Pool Party pattern 1-1/4” x 1-5/8”, sponged it with Pool Party ink, and adhered it onto the bottom left hand corner of the card front.

I used the pinwheel pattern again to cut two 1-1/4” x 1-1/4” squares, sponged them with summer Starfruit ink, and adhered them on the top and bottom of the right side of the card front.  Next I cut a piece of the dot pattern DSP 1-1/4” x 2-1/2”, sponged it with Pool Party ink and adhered it between the two pinwheel squares on the right side.

Finally I cut the Island Indigo pattern piece 1-1/4” x 5-1/4”, sponged it with Island Indigo Ink, and adhered it into the center of the card front. I added a little bit of SNAIL Adhesive into the center of the Island Indigo panel and pressed the end of my Baker’s Twine into the adhesive. I wrapped the Baker’s Twine around the card front a few times and pressed the remaining end into the adhesive and trimmed off the extra Baker’s Twine with Paper Snips.

I stamped the greeting from Pretty Petites onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Summer Starfruit ink. The greeting was punched out with the Petite Label Punch and adhered over the SNAIL Adhesive in the center of the card with a Stampin’ Dimensional.

Although there was a lot of cutting, and precise measuring/calculating, this card wasn’t too hard. Especially now that I’ve given you the dimensions! J