~ Supplies ~
1. Start by drawing a narrow X then add a horizontal line across with your white DecoArt Glass Paint Marker.
3. Draw a V between each of the lines to create a diamond shape.
4. Add some swirls just under the V at the end of each line. Add a V on the line between the point of the diamond and the swirls. Then just add some dots in the center of the diamond shape.
5. Starting from the base of the glass right at the top of the stem add random dots with your white marker until you have it as full as you like. Make sure that the dots stay about 3/4" away from the top of the glass. You do not want any paint where someone will be putting their mouth to take a drink. Then add silver dots until it it's as full as you like.
6. Add white and silver dots to the base of the wine glass to make it match.
7. Now just let your paint dry for at least 8 hours. Then place your wine glasses on a baking sheet and put them in a COLD oven. Turn the oven on to 375°F and allow it to heat up. Once the oven reaches 375°F set the timer for 40 minutes. After the 40 minutes turn the oven off and allow it to cool completely before you remove the wine glasses.
Now you have a special wine glass hand painted by you that is dishwasher safe. Although I think I will only hand wash mine to make the paint last as long as possible.
This is such an easy to make project and would make a fabulous gift! You could even decorate a ceramic mug using the same method!