Monday, September 9, 2013

Widgets

Make a Wish Come True

I made this card quite a while ago for the Friday Mashup brick wall technique challenge then thought of another idea that was too perfect to pass up. So now I’m finally getting around to posting it. I actually made two cards to use up the rest of the DSP, but I will post the other one tomorrow.


  • Stamps: Make a Wish
  • DSP: Gingham Garden
  • Card Stock: Night of Navy
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Silver embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Smoky Slate Chevron ribbon, 2-Way Glue Pen


To make this card I started off by cutting a piece of Night of Navy card stock at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Gingham Garden DSP 3-1/2” x 4”. I cut the DSP into 1/2” wide strips, then cut each strip at 1-1/2” and 3/4” alternately. After all the little pieces were cut and carefully laid out on the table in order I started adhering them on the card front with 2-Way Glue Pen. This was a pain in the rear! I don’t think I will ever take the time to do this again! It looks great, but be prepared to put a puzzle together if you want the images to line up!


Then I stamped the greeting onto the card front in Veramark ink, covered it with Silver embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heat it with my Heat Tool. Finally I wrapped a piece of Smoky Slate Chevron ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot.


Very labor intensive, but it looks cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment