Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Widgets

Vintage Poppies Non Winning Artisan Entry 2

I wanted to show a little bit of variety in my Artisan entries so I decided to share a vintage card with some coloring. This is what I came up with.


  • Stamps: En Francais, Pleasant Poppies, Bring on the Cake
  • Card Stock: Primrose Petals, Primrose Petals Core’dinations, Very Vanilla,
  • Ink: Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Black Stazon, Versamark
  • Markers: Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Lucky Limeade, Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso, Blender Pen
  • Accessories: Stamping Sponges, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Honeycomb embossing folder, Stampin’ Sanding Block, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Pearls, craft knife


I started off with a 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” piece of Primrose Petals card stock and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Primrose Petals Core’dinations card stock 4” x 5-1/4”. I ran this layer through the Big Shot in the Honeycomb embossing folder and used the Stampin’ Sanding Block to sand off the raised texture pretty well. I adhered this layer onto the card front.

Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and Early Espresso card stock 3-1/2” x 5-1/2”. I ran both of these through the Big Shot with the Apothecary Accents framelit.


On the Very Vanilla label I stamped the En Francais Background stamp by inking up half the stamp diagonally with Sahara Sand ink then used a Stampin’ Sponge to sponge off some of the color on the edge of the inked portion. I stamped this onto the label. This technique makes the text fade off at an angle. It really is a lovely effect.

I stamped the Pleasant Poppies image onto the card stock in Early Espresso ink. Then I used my markers to color in the flowers. For the greeting I stamped the image from Bring on the Cake onto the left side of the label in Versamark ink, poured on some Pewter embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool. Finally I sponged some Soft Suede ink around the entire label.

I used Paper Snips to cut the Early Espresso label in half length-wise from point to point then adhered each half behind the Very Vanilla label to create a mat. I used the Paper Snips again to trim the points that extended past the Very Vanilla label. I added three Pearls onto each end of the label and adhered the label onto the center of the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


This wasn’t quite enough yet so I used my craft knife to cut a slit in the fold of the card just large enough for my Very Vanilla Seam Binding ribbon to slide through. I tied the ribbon into a bow and trimmed the ribbon ends.

So very vintage and pretty! This would have been a perfect birthday card for my sister. I might have to re-create it sometime before October. 


1 comment: