Good morning! It’s Friday and that means it’s time for another Friday Mashup challenge! Take a look at the bright and cheery card I made with this week’s sunshine inspiration.
- Stamps: Elements of Style, A Round Array, Beautiful Birthday
- DSP: Polka Dot Parade, Daffodil Delight, Silver Glimmer Paper
- Card Stock: Pool Party, Whisper White
- Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Island Indigo
- Accessories: Floral Frames Framelits, Stampin’ Trimmer, Simply Scored, 1-1/4” Scalloped Circle Punch, 7/8” Scalloped Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Sponge, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive, Small Heart Punch
Here's your Mashup Challenge:
- Create a project showcasing "Sunshine".
- Create an "Easel card" project.
- Or Mash it Up and create an "Easel Card project with some Sunshine".
This fun twisted easel card is actually pretty easy to make. So is the starburst flower. So here is the complete tutorial!
1. Cut one piece of Pool Party card stock 5-1/2” x 9-1/2”. With the 9-1/2” side against the top of your Simply Scored, score at 4-3/4”. Fold on the score line.
2. Take the largest Floral Frames Framelit and place it on the folded card stock. Make sure that the die extends past the card stock on the same side as the fold. Run this through your Big Shot.
3. Un-fold the flower shaped card that you now have. Place it onto your Simply Scored as shown. You want to score between the petals that are lined up with the black line on my Simply Scored. Fold on the score line.
4. Now you have your card base. The portion standing up is what you will adhere your card front onto.
5. Stamp the inside of the card (the non-scored side) with the image from Elements of Style in Pool Party ink. Sponge around the flower shape with Pool Party ink and a Stampin’ Sponge.
6. Cut one piece of Whisper White card stock 4-1/2” x 4-1/2”. Run this through the Big Shot with the second from largest Floral Frames Framelit. Stamp the image from Elements of Style onto the Whisper White flower with Daffodil Delight ink by stamping off on a scrap paper first. Then stamp the Beautiful Birthday greeting on top of the swirl with Island Indigo ink. Adhere this flower inside the card base. Add Rhinestones onto the greeting as desired.
7. Cut one piece of Pool Party card stock 5-1/2” x 5-1/2”. Run this through the Big Shot with the largest Floral Frames Framelit. Stamp the flower with the image from Elements of Style in Pool Party ink. Sponge around the edges with Pool Party ink and a Stampin’ Sponge. Use Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive to adhere this onto the folded up flap of the card base.
8. Add a fold in the card base as shown below. This will help the card stand up easier.
9. Use the Small Heart Punch on a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper. Add half of a Stampin’ Dimensional onto the back of the heart. Open up the card and hold the front flower in the position that you would like it to stand. Adhere the glimmer heart into place right where the bottom right petal of the flower meets the inside of the card. This heart will hold the card open when it’s standing up.
10. Now for the flower. Cut one piece of Whisper White card stock 4-1/2” x 4-1/2”. Use a ruler and pencil to lightly draw lines from corner to corner creating a perfect X in the card stock.
11. Cut two pieces of DSP 3” x 3”. I used Polka Dot Parade and Brights Collection DSP. Use your ruler and pencil to lightly draw one line from one corner to the opposite corner. Repeat with the other piece of DSP.
12. Place one piece of DSP on your Stampin’ Trimmer. Line up the points without the pencil mark in the cutting groove. Cut. Repeat with the other piece of DSP.
13. Now take one of your DSP triangles and line up the point and the pencil mark in the cutting groove of your Stampin’ Trimmer. Cut. Repeat with the remaining DSP triangles. Use an eraser to erase the pencil lines. Sponge around the edges of each triangle with Daffodil Delight ink and a Stampin’ Sponge.
14. Adhere your triangles onto the Whisper White card stock from Step 10 with Anywhere Glue Stick. Line up the long side of the triangle with the X lines. Repeat with the remaining DSP triangles alternating patterns as you go.
15. You should now have something that looks like this.
16. Place the second from largest Floral Frames Framelit onto your DSP/card stock layer. Line up the points between the petals with the lines where one DSP meets the next. Use a Post-It Note to hold the die in place and run it through your Big Shot.
17. Now you have your beautiful perfectly portioned DSP flower.
18. Stamp the image from A Round Array onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Pool Party ink. Punch out the image with the 7/8” Scalloped Circle Punch. Use the 1-1/4” Scalloped Circle punch on a piece of Silver Glimmer Paper. Adhere the stamped scalloped circle onto the glimmer scalloped circle with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive.
19. Adhere the Flower onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere the glimmer label into the center of the flower with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
20. Your fabulous flower easel card is now complete!
What do you think?