Good morning! I’m a little late getting this posted, but I hope you still enjoy my rendition of the Friday Mashup 80 challenge! Take a look at the card I made.
- Stamps: Christmas Blessings, En Francais
- DSP: Early Espresso
- Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Black Stazon, Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Versamark
- Accessories: Blender Pen, Embossing Buddy, Gold embossing powder, Heat Tool, Champagne Glimmer paper, Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive, Paper Snips
|Sketch By: Tara|
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
- Make a project with the "Sketch".
- Or Make a project using "Faux Washi Tape".
- Or "Mash it Up" and create a project using the "Sketch and Faux Washi Tape".
I started off by cutting a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scoring it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the En Francais background stamp onto the card front in Crumb Cake ink. Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 2-7/8” x 3-7/8”. I stamped the flowers from Christmas Blessings onto the card stock in Black Stazon ink. To color in the flowers I squeezed the closed ink pad to get some ink on the lid of the pad, opened up the ink pad half-way, and used a Blender Pen to pick up and apply the Gumball Green on the stem and Cherry Cobbler on the flower.
Once the blender pen dried on my flowers I rubbed the card stock with my Embossing Buddy, stamped the greeting onto the card stock in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with Gold embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the Heat Tool until it was smooth and shiny. I adhered this layer onto a 3” x 4” piece of Early Espresso card stock. I cut a piece of Early Espresso DSP 3/4” x 2-5/8” and used Paper Snips to cut a dove-tail shape in one end and adhered it onto the top of the stamped panel.
To add just a little bit of sparkle I cut a piece of Champagne Glimmer paper 3” wide and use the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch to punch two strips. I adhered one behind the top edge and one behind the bottom edge with Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive so that just half of the punched ribbon shows. Once the glue dried I adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.