Hello everyone! It’s Friday again! Are you ready for another Friday Mashup challenge? This one was kind of tough for me, but take a look at the card I made.
- Stamps: Sassy Salutations, Distressed Dots
- Card Stock: Soft Suede, So Saffron, Whisper White
- DSP: Midnight Muse
- Ink: Soft Suede, Tempting Turquoise
- Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Paper Piercer, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Brights Brads, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Champagne Glimmer Paper
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
- Make a project with the colors "Midnight Muse, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise & Soft Suede".
- Or Make a "Thank You" project .
- Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Thank You project w/ the colors Midnight Muse, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise & Soft Suede".
I started off by cutting a piece of Soft Suede card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. I stamped the Distressed Dots background stamp onto the card front in Soft Suede ink to get those wonderful polka dots.
Next I cut one strip of So Saffron 1” x 2-1/2” and then two strips of So Saffron and four strips of Midnight Muse striped DSP 3/4” x 2-1/2”. I adhered the stripes onto the card base starting with the sides and working my way in. The center panel was a little bit larger than it needed to be, but you can’t really tell now that it is glued in place.
I cut a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper 1/2” x 5-1/2” and adhered it on top of the edge of the stripes to cover up some slightly un-even edges. I really like what the Champagne glimmer paper adds to this!
Finally I stamped the greeting from Sassy Salutations onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Tempting Turquoise ink. I cut out the greeting with the Apothecary Accents framelits and my Big Shot. I used a Paper Piercer and Stampin’ Pierce mat to pierce a hole in each end of the label and added a turquoise brad in each. The label was adhered into the center of the card front with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.
That’s it! I hope you get a chance to join in on the fun over at the Friday Mashup! Swing by there to see what the other fabulous creations that the design team came up with!