Monday, March 26, 2012

Widgets

Lets Go Fly a Kite!

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! It was absolutely gorgeous here in Kansas! I have another Make and Take card to share with you from March. This one uses the stamp set Send Me Soaring. Although every time I see this stamp set it reminds me of the song from Mary Poppins. "Lets go fly a kite, up to the highest heights....." Anyway...take a look at the card we made:


  • Stamps: Send Me Soaring
  • Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade, Basic Grey, Whisper White, Bashful Blue
  • DSP: Twitterpated
  • Ink: Bashful Blue, Lucky Limeade, Basic Grey, Poppy Parade, Basic Black
  • Accessories: 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, 2" x 1-3/8" Oval Punch, Blender Pen, Paper Snips, Basic Black Marker, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Silver Brads

The card base is Cherry Cobbler card stock. I cut and scored the step card as shown in THIS diagram by Connie Babbert. I started off by cutting two strips of Twitterpated DSP 7/8"x 4-3/8". The strips were adhered onto the sides of the step card. Then I cut a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock 7/8" x 4-1/8" and adhered it onto the bottom of the card front. 

For the main image panel I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2" x 4". I stamped the striped kite in Poppy Parade ink, and the polka dot kite in Basic Grey ink. When I first got my stamp set I decided that I didn't want the clouds to remain together like the stamp comes in the package. So I used my Craft and Rubber Scissors to cut the clouds in the stamp apart. So with my three cloud stamps I randomly stamped the clouds onto the background in Bashful Blue ink. 

I wanted to give my clouds a little bit more dimension, so with the Bashful Blue ink pad closed I squeezed in the middle of the pad. Then I opened up the ink pad half-way and used a Blender Pen to pick up just a tiny bit of ink and added shadows to my clouds. Super easy and it really makes the clouds look soft and fluffy! After all my clouds were colored I stamped the kite tails in Basic Black ink. I didn't quite get the tails positioned correctly so I used the fine point end of the Basic Black Marker to fill in the gap between the kite tail and the kite. 

The image panel was adhered onto a 2-1/8" x 4-1/8" piece of Bashful Blue card stock. Then I adhered this panel onto the center of my card front. The final kite was stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Lucky Limeade ink. The kite was cut out with Paper Snips and then I adhered it onto the card front with a Stampin' Dimensional. 


For the greeting I used a lot of punches. I stamped the greeting in Basic Black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and then punched it out with the 1" Circle punch. Then I used the 1-1/4" Circle punch on a scrap of Bashful Blue card stock. I used the Modern Label punch on a scrap of Basic Grey card stock. Then I used the 2" x 1-3/8" Oval punch on a scrap of  Twitterpated DSP.

I adhered the modern label onto the DSP oval. Then I adhered the greeting circle onto the Bashful Blue circle, and that layer on top of the modern label. I used the Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to pierce a hole in both ends of the modern label and added two Silver Brads. This layered label was adhered onto the bottom of the card front with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals.

That's it! It was definitely the most time consuming card of the evening, but I really love how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment