Tis the season to craft for Christmas fa la la la la, la la la la.......
Last week I saw THIS fabulous tutorial over on Splitcoast Stampers. I knew I just HAD to make this! However, I don't have that particular non SU die and I wanted to make something similar using SU materials. So here is what I came up with.
Here is what you will need to create this beauty:
Cardstock: Textured Whisper White
Ink: Marina Mist
Acessories: Lattice Die, Brayer, Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots, 1/8" Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon, Dazzling Details, shimmer mist (Shimmer Paint + rubbing alcohol in a misting bottle), Sticky Strip, Bone Folder
1. Cut your textured Whisper White cardstock into 4" x 4" pieces. You will need 18 of these. Two 12 x 12 sheets work perfectly. I do suggest only using textured cardstock or designer series paper. For this technique to work properly you need a paper that is more flexible than standard cardstock. The textured cardstock worked fabulously so that is what I highly recommend.
6. Here you have the same lattice that you glue together above. Apply more teeny tiny spots of glue in the locations shown below with the black circles.
10. Place sticky strip in the locations shown below. I ran out of my 1/4" wide SU sticky strip and used an 1/8" wide from another brand. Either one will work. You just want sticky strip in all the locations where the folds of the lattice are stacked together.
11. I fanned out my layers a bit and just left it set for about 20 minutes or so just to let the glue completely dry before forming the ornament. When you form the ornament you are going to be pulling on those glue joints to create the shape and you want the glue really dry before pulling too hard.
13. Pull one side of the lattice around to meet the other side and pinch down really well where the glue dots are. This will form your ornament and hold it closed.