Friday, August 12, 2011

Widgets

Fabulous Floret

Today I am going to share with you the second card that I made for the New Color Card Swap. This one was for the new 2011-2013 In Colors. I really love these new colors that we have to play with this year. Take a look:




Stamps: Woodgrain, Fabulous Florets
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Ink: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo
Accessories: Large Lace Border Punch, Paper Snips, Two-Way Glue Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Pool Party Marker, Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents

The card base is Whisper White cardstock that was cut at 4 ¼” x 11” and scored at 5 ½”. Next a piece of Pool Party cardstock was cut at 3 ¾” x 4 ¾”. The Pool Party cardstock was stamped with the Woodgrain background stamp in Pool Party ink and then the bottom side was torn. The greeting from Fabulous Florets was stamped in Island Indigo ink in the lower right hand corner of the stamped Pool Party cardstock. This panel was adhered to the card front.

Next I used the Large Lace Border Punch with a scrap of Whisper White cardstock to get the lacy border. The lace was adhered to a 1 3/8” x 5 ½” piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock and then this was adhered to the card front.

For the image panel a piece of Whisper White cardstock was cut at 1 ¾” x 2 ¾”. The leaves were stamped in Lucky Limeade and then this cardstock was adhered to a 1 7/8” x 2 7/8” piece of Island Indigo cardstock. This panel was then adhered to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Now for the fabulous flower! The flower image from Fabulous Florets was stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock in Pool Party ink. Then I used the Pool Party marker to add some shading to the petals by going over it twice. The first time you color the flower color over about half of each of the petals. Let the ink dry for a couple of minutes, then go over the flower again with the marker this time only covering about ¼ of the petal. This will give you a nice shadow look to your flower and you only need one color!


The flower was trimmed out using Paper Snips and was adhered to the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional. Three rhinestones were added to the upper right hand corner of the Pool Party cardstock just for a little sparkle. I’m certainly glad I only had to make 10 of these for the swap! They are pretty, but a little bit time consuming when doing so many. Well….I’m off. Have a wonderful day!

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love the combination of pool party & limeade. So bright & fun. The flower is gorgeous. Thanks for the tips on adding some dimension with the same color. I know I'll be giving that a try since sometimes the image can look a little flat. The shading really makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete