Monday, May 16, 2011

Widgets

Paisley Petals

Today I have to share with a card that I made for the SCCSC61 sketch challenge. Here is the sketch:

And here is my card:


Stamps: Build A Blossom, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler
DSP: Paisley Petals DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Bold Blossom punch, Decorative Label punch, Glimmer brad, Stampin’ Sponge, Two-Way Glue Pen, Needle Tool, Mat Pack

The card base is Cherry Cobbler cardstock cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. Next I cut various patterns from the wonderful Paisley Petals DSP into the following sizes: 1 ½” x 3 3/8”, 1 ½” x 1 ¾”, 1 3/4” x 2 5/8”, 2 5/8” x 3 3/8”. If you haven’t seen the Paisley Petals DSP there was as special during April where you could buy this DSP pack and the Four Frames stamp set. Although that special is expired you will be able to get these products after July 1st because they will be included in the new catalog! So the special in April was a wonderful sneak peak of what is to come in the new catty. I really LOVE all of the patterns in this DSP pack and you will see many more projects created with it.

Now…back to the card. The 1 ¼” x 1 ¾” piece of DSP was adhered to the card front in the upper left hand corner. The 1 ¼” x 3 3/8” piece of DSP was adhered in the bottom left hand corner of the card front. The 1 ¾” x 2 5/8” piece of DSP was adhered in the upper right hand corner of the card front. Finally the 2 5/8” x 3 3/8” piece of DSP was adhered in the bottom right hand corner of the card front. This card was a bit of a puzzle to figure out the DSP sizes, but I really like the effect.

Next I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny wishes in Early Espresso ink on a scrap of Marina Mist cardstock and then punched it out with the Decorative Label punch. The label edges were then sponged with Early Espresso ink. I also punched another decorative label from a scrap of Pear Pizzaz. The Pear Pizzaz label was cut in half length-wise and the points that were in the middle of the short sides were trimmed off. The label halves were then adhered behind the Marina Mist label to create a mat. The label was adhered to the card front.

For the flower I used the Rock-N-Roll technique with Baja Breeze and Cherry Cobbler ink to stamp six of the small flower petals. The petals were punched out with the Bold Blossom punch and adhered together with the Two-Way Glue Pen. The Needle Tool and Mat Pack were then used to pierce a hole into the center of the flower and a red Glimmer Brad was added. The flower was adhered to the card front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.

That’s it! I hope you look forward to seeing more creations made with this DSP because it is absolutely wonderful! If you are a Stampin' Up Demonstrator you can find the sketch challenge thread HERE. If you are not a Demonstrator I would still love to see your creations. Please post a link to your project in the comments section of this post. Have fun stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment