Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Widgets

Bells and Boughs - Monday Sketch Challenge

It's Tuesday again! That means it was time for the weekly sketch challenge yesterday! Yes, I am still way behind in posting. Here is the sketch created by me! Take a look:


And here is my card:


Stamps: Bells and Boughs
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
DSP: Jolly Holiday
Ink: Early Espresso, Black Stazon, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Northern Flurries Strip Die, 12"x12" Adhesive Sheet, Brights Glimmer Brad, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch, Gold Elastic Cord (retired)
Stampin' Dimensionals, Needle Tool, Mat Pack, Markers: Old Olive, Pear Pizzaz, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, and Cherry Cobbler.

The card base is Crumb Cake cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". I stamped the background with the image from Bells and Boughs in Crumb Cake ink. Just to give the background a subtle pattern. Then I cut a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock at 2 3/8" x 4 1/4" and punched one edge with the Scallop Trim Border punch. A piece of Jolly Holiday DSP was cut at 2" x 4 1/4" and adhered onto the scalloped Cherry Cobbler cardstock. A scrap of Old Olive cardstock was used in the Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch and trimmed to 4 1/4" long. This was adhered on top of the DSP with the Two-Way Glue Pen and some Gold Elastic Cord (retired). The greeting was stamped onto the DSP in Early Espresso ink and then this panel was adhered to the card front.

A piece of Very Vanilla cardstock was cut at 2" x 3" and the image from Bells and Boughs was stamped in Black Stazon onto the cardstock. The image was colored in with Pear Pizzaz, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, and Cherry Cobbler markers. The edges of the cardstock were sponged with Early Espresso ink and then was adhered to a 2 1/8" x 3 1/8" Early Espresso panel.

Next I cut out a small piece of Very Vanilla cardstock (just large enough to fit over the Northern Flurries Strip Die to get the snowflake I want) and a equal-sized piece of 12" x 12" Adhesive sheets. I removed the liner from one side and adhered this to the cardstock. Then I ran the cardstock through the Big Shot with the Northern Flurries Strip Die with the liner side of the Adhesive Sheet up. The die will cut through the cardstock, but will not cut completely through the liner. I took the snowflake off the liner and sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds glitter to sparkle up my snowflake.

Since the snowflake I used has a large hole in the center I adhered the snowflake to the Very Vanilla/Early Espresso panels with the Two-Way Glue Pen. The Needle Tool and Mat Pack were used to pierce a hole through the layers of cardstock and a Glimmer Brad from the Brights collection was added. The panel was adhered to the card front. With Stampin' Dimensionals. You can get a close up of my snowflake and Glimmer Brad here:


If you are a Stampin' Up Demonstrator you can find the challenge here. If you are not a Stampin' Up Demonstrator please post a link to your creation in the comments section of this post. I would LOVE to see what you create with this sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment